This job is no longer available
Purpose of the Role
As a member of a small team or as an individual you will be required to provide custom electronic solutions and products from both internal and external customer's requirements.
* Digital and analogue circuit design
* Physical design and implementation of filters
* Communications topologies and methods
* Control systems modelling
* Programming of embedded microprocessors, ASICs, FPGA's, and other sophisticated functional electronics devices
* Systems definition and Interfacing
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
* Will have obtained a degree or HND in Electronic Engineering or similar discipline (Or with equivalent relevant experience).
* Will have designed an electronic product from a customer specification, made component selection to meet performance, packaging and assembly requirements.
* Ability to use schematic capture and modelling software to produce PCB layouts for production.
* Will have regularly liaised with allied disciplines such as mechanical, control or software engineers to produce a homologated product or system.
* Has the ability to create detailed design interfaces for mechanical, software or control systems.
* Will have realised systems and designs specified for strict EMC, thermal, power and cost parameters into an electronic solution.
* Will have implemented an electronic design in a product using at least one of he following buses; SPI, CAN, RS485.
* Will have incorporated the relevant standards or legislative requirements associated with a product into their designs. Particularly standards for; powered machinery, automotive vehicles, marine systems, rail systems and industrial and domestic power control systems.
* Good experience in a electronic engineering background.
* Engineering/Manufacturing/Logistics/Defence background is desirable.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.