This job is no longer available
Senior Electronics Engineer
Ingenuity. That’s what drives SPX. A business at the forefront of global manufacturing technology. A Fortune 500 company with more than 20,000 employees in over 40 countries. It’s an evolving enterprise that’s continually exploring and developing. An organisation with exciting plans for growth.
As a part of SPX, Radiodetection brings minds working together to create high-end electronic solutions for leading telecoms, utilities, transportation and construction companies across the world. In line with our plans to deliver innovative technical solutions to our customers, we currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join Radiodetection's Bristol-based multidisciplinary engineering team.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will take a leadership role in the project management and design of new and existing products in line with the business's NPI programme and customer requirements. The successful candidate will be an electronics expert who is ready to assume full design responsibility for market leading products from initial specification through to release, support, and obsolescence.
• Specification, design and test of electronic systems and subsystems.
• Review and advise on design changes to digital and analogue hardware.
• Identify interfaces including hardware / software.
• Check and review systems for completeness, correctness, ease of use, etc.
• Investigate new product ideas for viability.
• Provide advice and guidance on the resolution of complex technical and application issues.
• Lead engineering projects and mentor team members.
Required Skills and Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent, ideally in electronics engineering.
• Strong communication and project management skills.
• Knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Analogue system design including SMPS
• Analogue and digital video systems and protocols.
Preferred Skills and Experience
An enhanced package can be offered to candidates that also have skills in:
• Digital Logic design and FPGAs.
• Embedded C software and embedded processor design.
• Knowledge of ATEX Intrinsically Safe principles an advantage although training can be provided.