This job is no longer available
This position is accountable for the planning, design, engineering, supervision and coordination of both capital and non-capital projects in support of the company's manufacturing facilities. Responsibilities include maintaining the scope, schedule and budget for all assigned projects, which will be focused on the controls portion of automated equipment in the plant.
* Responsible for ensuring timely implementation of projects.
* Responsible for ensuring projects allocated are delivered to clients requirements meeting or exceeding the user requirement/project definition.
* Ensure all documentation is maintained and dealt with per regional procedures.
* Ensure that all projects are completed in accordance with JM H&S standard and contractor regulations, as updated from time to time.
* Responsible for the specification of various services and utilities, also that they are completed in sufficient time to enable contractors to complete/fulfil their obligations.
* Adjudicate tenders/offers in free and fair, transparent fashion.
* Conduct and direct studies to determine requirements of new/modified equipment, systems, and facilities both capital and non-capital.
* Supervise and direct the design, installation, start up and debug of new/modified equipment and facilities.
* Conduct project kick off and close out meetings to ensure scope is understood and project is completed to satisfaction of customers.
* Manage large Controls projects, which may include managing large project teams made up of peers and contract engineers.
7.KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Experience with the design and installation of automated manufacturing machinery.
* Good understanding of Production, Maintenance, Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental and Administration practices and procedures.
* Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with PLC programming and Graphic Interface Software and how it relates to the design and control of automated equipment.
* Specific knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC's and hardware is required.
* Experience with robotics, servo systems, motor control centres (MCC's), industrial switchgear, power transformers, emergency power systems, and variable frequency drives.
* Familiar with MES systems
* Database knowledge (MSSQL post 2000)
* Allen Bradley / Wonderware Scada experience
* Experience with industrial networks.
* Commissioning and operating experience.
* Candidate should be able to read mechanical drawings and have a working knowledge of general machine design standards.
* Candidate should have basic CAD skills.
* Excellent project organization and communication skills required.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.