This job is no longer available
A great opportunity has arisen for a Risk Manager to work for a leading electronics consultancy's key site in Newport, South Wales. Working on Electronics projects worth £100 million's you will act as a risk subject matter expert throughout the organisation.
This organisation is a leading innovator of their chosen sector and is located in very easy reach of the M4. They hold an outstanding history in the design and development of electronic systems for the defence, security and aerospace markets. They also acting as one of the areas leading employers, this is a large organisation and can offer great long term employment and career prospects.
Re-locators are welcome to apply for this global leader and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
Responsibilities for this Risk & Opportunity Manager
- Provide subject matter leadership to develop risk management culture at all levels of the Business Unit.
- Facilitate risk management training workshops and communication sessions on a regular basis
- Engage directly with Bid teams to ensure appropriate risk contingency figures are established based on quality risk information.
- Develop consistent reporting standards for Programme reviews, demonstrating risk management performance and associated cost reduction.
- Specifically supporting, training and mentoring Bid and Project Coordinators to achieve the risk management responsibilities of their role.
- Support the creation of Risk & Opportunity Management Plans for Projects & Programmes
- Facilitate Business Unit risk reviews and risk identification as well as advising and supporting the Directors in developing the risk management culture within the business unit.
Requirements for this Risk & Opportunity Manager
- Previous experience in a risk management capacity. Ideally in the defence / aerospace sector
- Communicating and influencing at a senior director level.
- Developing and writing detailed processes and procedures,
- Guiding three point risk assessments.
- Linking risk mitigation actions to the project plan.
- Performing schedule risk analysis.
- Facilitating risk management training and risk management workshops.
- Creating and developing effective risk reporting formats.
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.
As a Risk & Opportunity Manager at the top of your profession you'll find this role to be both challenging and rewarding, whilst providing a brilliant chance to join a growing, successful organisation. The company offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as great prospects for career progression.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.