This job is no longer available
I am currently resourcing on behalf of a global giant in the consumer electronics domain. They are currently seeking a technology manager to work in London on the latest cutting edged technologies.
You will be responsible for obtaining an in-depth understanding of client's future technology strategy and current technical requirements; and will other groups within my company on this. This will primarily be achieved by producing detailed reports and presentations on strategy, with distribution across many groups as often as on a weekly basis.
To achieve this, the role will include the frequent need for meeting with operators and as such the role can involve an element of foreign travel.
You will not only be expected to generate detailed technology reports on a regular basis, but also to be able to produce proposals, specifications, and designs for new projects. The ability to identify new opportunities for development is therefore also required.
- An engineering degree or relevant (mobile) industry experience:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills are essential:
- Highly developed presentation, reporting and minute/note taking skills using Microsoft office tools
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills - further specific languages may be considered advantageous in some circumstances
- A demonstrable track record of dealing successfully with customers or suppliers
- An ability to source information using a variety of resources
- Expert knowledge in mobile technology with a bias towards mobile systems and software
- Knowledge of mobile applications and technology including W3C or other similar standards.
- In depth technical knowledge of as many currently relevant mobile technologies would be highly advantageous (e.g. NFC, LTE, RCS, WiFi)
- Experience in defining strategic plans to meet current and future business objectives.
If you feel you have the drive within you to be at the cutting edge of mobile communications please forward your CV without delay!!