This job is no longer available
An experienced Manufacturing Supervisor with an electro-mechanical equipment bias is required to join a thriving nanotechnology company to support their continued growth and success in the UK and Global Marketplace. The job will be leading a small team building room sized machines incorporating 3-phase electric power, PLC/electronic controls and vacuum/gas control systems.
Role - Manufacturing Supervisor
Location - Abingdon
Salary -C£35K + Benefits BOE
Travel - Some
Career Opportunities - Excellent
This exciting award winning Nano-Technology Coating Company is rapidly expanding to support the success and demand for its product. The product itself is a unique, invisible Organic Nanocoating Technology that, when applied to subjects via an enhanced Plasma Vapour Deposition process, makes them impervious to water and oil. The uptake has been massive and the products' applications are vast. They provide coating technology for a variety of industries including textiles, consumer durables, electronics, medical devices... and this is just the start!
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for leading a small team of technicians as well as getting hands-on in the manufacturing of the company's novel machines.
The Manufacturing Team is part of the Operations Department and is responsible for the delivery of enhancements and completion of the sophisticated production equipment used to deliver the company's nanocoating technology. The machines are semi complete when they are brought into the business and are completed onsite with specialist ancillaries which make them fit for purpose and are rigorously tested and validated prior to being delivered to customers.
This is a challenging role working in an ever evolving company on the forefront of innovation and would be perfect for a talented and highly communicative, process driven and quality orientated Engineer.
Although based in Abingdon, the job may involve occasional travel to customer sites in places such as China and the Far East to conduct and supervise final assembly in-situ.
To be considered for the role of Manufacturing Supervisor you need the following:
- A HNC/HND or degree (Bachelors/Masters) in Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering or similar ) OR Served as a recognised apprentice
- BS 7671 wiring regulations (IET 17th addition)
- 3 Phase, Single Phase and Low Voltage Wiring
- Highly computer Literate (MS Office - outlook/excel/word/PowerPoint)
- Staff Supervision
- Experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment
- PLC Systems knowledge
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques for electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience of working in a scientific environment
- Experience of Vacuum systems -eg processing technology/semiconductor industry
- Radio Frequency (RF Generators) and High Voltage Plasma systems
- Lean Manufacturing Techniques