This job is no longer available
We are seeking an Electronics Manufacturing and Quality Engineer to join an exciting, fast growing organisation making serious waves in the wireless technology marketplace. The electronics product being developed brings fast and reliable wireless services to all hard to reach areas such as basements, tunnels, the top floors of skyscrapers and large metal framed structures such as warehouses, conference centres and football stadiums.
Manufacturing and Quality Engineer, £40k - £45k, South Cambridgeshire
This is a dual role looking after both Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance. You will need an industry background in electronics product manufacturing and have excellent experience dealing with 'Contract Electronics Manufacturers' (CEM's) overseeing Manufacturing, NPI, manufacturing processes and production quality. Although ideal candidates will have detailed knowledge of both Manufacturing AND Quality we happy to consider applicants stronger in one area and need developing in the other providing they have some exposure to, and appreciation of, the subject area.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing and Quality Engineer will include;
Design for manufacture and test ( DFM, DFT )
- Working with engineering to ensure that product design will meet all manufacturing criteria with high quality and minimum cost
- Ensure that design rules are available and applicable, working with the manufacturing and engineering teams to address shortcomings so that the design teams can design quality products
- Identifying process limitations and work with engineering to improve the design
- propose solutions to design limitations that might lead to manufacturing issues and work with design engineers to integrate those solutions
Provide first line engineering support to production
- Track and analyse manufacturing and test defects, producing defect reports, prioritising identified issues and raising corrective action requests and follow up reports
- Working with the manufacturer to analysis product manufacturing defects to propose and develop solutions that are acceptable to engineering and the manufacturer
- Be Front line support to Contract Electronics Manufacturer for all technical matters (manufacturing issues; material; test; build documentation; etc.)
- Ensure that the manufacturer is using and managing to appropriate KPIs and process controls such as Machine CPK targets; Paste Measurements (density etc.); 5S
- Lead Lean projects within the manufacturer's process to eliminate waste and reduce cost using tools such as VSM; Kaizen; Poka Yoke; TAKT analysis; etc.
- Track manufacturing defects, working with the manufacturing partner and component suppliers to ensure timely resolution of issues to deliver quality product
- Identify opportunities for product design improvements and work with engineering to develop appropriate solutions
- Ensure that manufacturing documentation is kept up to date with traceability of changes
- Conduct product production audits to ensure that procedures are being followed and that the production of product is of the highest quality
- Track customer returns. Develop a formal FMEA process and identify trends and repetitive faults, raise corrective action reports and ensure their timely feedback to Customers
The Ideal Candidate:
You will be an enthusiastic, diligent individual with a proven background in Manufacturing and Quality Engineer from an Electronics development company who use a Contract Electronics Manufacturer/ CEM.
You will need;
- Proven experience of working in manufacturing process engineering in an electronics PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly & Box assembly unit.
- Proven experience working within a full turnkey outsourced Contract Manufacturing environment
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing principles gained by delivery of documented program improvements - Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering