This job is no longer available
Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for a role that will challenge your technical skills? Do you want to work for an organisation that is truly at the cutting edge of innovation?
The Advanced Digital Institute (ADI) is a leading Yorkshire-based innovation and R&D resource for technology businesses. ADI stimulates commercial research and business innovation through direct, hands-on collaborative engagement, adding value by providing advanced research and development support for new technologies. A team of expert researchers, technologists and engineers, we work in a range of fields including energy management, telehealth and telecare, wireless systems and networks and consumer electronics.
We are looking to strengthen our team with a Senior Software Engineer. For this challenging role, you will:-
• have extensive experience of complex embedded software development, preferably in the wireless, datacoms and consumer electronics domain;
• analyse requirements, write specifications, design software modules and develop high quality maintainable code;
• ensure delivery to strict commercial schedules;
• participate in research, feasibility studies, peer reviews and project meetings;
• demonstrate excellence in C and C++ programming and structured approach to software development;
• be familiar with embedded operating systems such as Linux and WinCE, and have extensive experience of driver development;
• possess strong communication skills.
In return, you will find the ADI to be an exciting and stimulating place to work, where you can make a tangible intellectual, social and economic impact. Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience, likely to be in the range £35k to £45k.
Our offices are based in the world heritage site of Saltaire in the Aire Valley. We are easily accessible from Leeds and Bradford and nearby is the Yorkshire Dales National Park, an area of outstanding beauty with many outdoor recreation opportunities.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter explaining how your skills match the requirements by pressing the Apply Now button quoting reference SR14-2D. Further information about the Advanced Digital Institute can be found at www.adi-uk.com
Please note that we do not consider applications from employment agencies and recruitment consultants.