This job is no longer available
We currently have the following levels of vacancies available
- Multiple Embedded Software Engineers & Senior Software Engineers
- Lead Software Engineers
- Head of Software
- Software Project Manager
If you have a background in Safety Critical Systems in the Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive or Defence background and would like to join a successful company at the start of a very detailed programme. Then we would love to hear from you.
Requirements for these Embedded Software Engineer and Lead Software Engineers roles
Embedded Software Engineer in C / C++ OR C#
Due to the size of the programme we are currently looking for candidates with a number of different skills sets and don't expect you to have worked with all of the below technologies.
Responsibilities for this Software Engineer
- To contribute to the software engineering effort, working as part of a multidisiplined engineering team
- Be involved throughout the complete software development lifecycle.
- Manage their individual project tasks as well as provide accurate estimates and technical evaluations for future work
- The design of software applications, drivers and test beds.
- Generation of requirements to the implementation level.
- The development of non-safety critical and safety critical software solutions.
- To understand the needs of the all project stakeholders and actively manage their expectations to ensure successful project delivery.
Requirements for this Software Engineer
- Proven ability in at least ONE of the following languages, C, C++, C# OR VB
- An understanding of basic electronics to interface software with the electronics design.
- To be able to work as part of a team whilst being accountable for personal commitments.
The following are a list of desirable skills
- GUI programming
- PC application programming (Windows/Linux)
- Embedded Micro-controller programming (Motorola HC12 / MPC555 / Microchip PIC)
- Network technologies such as CANbus, TTP, Ethernet
- Experience of modelling with UML/SysML
- Enterprise Architect/Rhapsody
- Salaries for the above vacancies vary and will be down to the calibre of the candidates as to what is offered.
- Candidates can choose to take the following benefits: Life Insurance, Medical Cover, Dental Cover, Share plans, pension and also participate in a company bonus scheme.
- Re-locators are welcome to apply for this global organisation and my client can offer a relocation package to those who qualify.
- Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.