Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer - SMPS
This job has now expired
Responsibilities will include designing/developing power conversion products, Switching Power Supplies (SMPS), battery chargers and DC-DC converters. It will also include designing and developing Power Electronic Controls including Motor Controllers, product design from concept to production, magnetic component design, supervision of junior members and work to ISO/EMC standards.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated (2:1 or above) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or related) and will have a proven track record in the following areas:
- Design and development of off-line mains voltage Switching Power Supplies (SMPS) at power level of 100w or more.
- Design and test of switching power supplies to EMC standards
- Thermal design of electronic equipment rated at more than 100W
- Familiarity with requirements of UL and CE marking
- Familiarity with use of CAD tools such as SPICE and familiarity with design methods such as FMEA
- Design and development of power factor correction (PFC) circuits for off line mains voltage switching power supplies
- Design and development of DC/DC converters at power levels of 500W or more
- Planar Magnetics
- Design and development of AC motor controllers
- Microprocessor control
- Design for high volume manufacture ( over 10,000 per year )
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with all levels of the organisation. He/she must show good team player ethos and be able to work with minimum guidance. A likely background will be from Power Electronics, Power Supplies/Battery Chargers, Motor Control, Computer Power Supplies etc.
In return for your hard work, you will be offered an excellent salary package, pension scheme, life insurance and a vibrant working environment to flourish within. Other incentives include flexi-time, early Fridays and 25 days paid holiday per annum.
IC 3e - your first contact for electronics, electrical and engineering jobs.