This job is no longer available
Qualified to a minimum of degree level in a software-related discipline, the successful candidate will have had two or more years experience of the development of embedded, real-time software applications, preferably using MISRA C and ARM assembler languages.
Reporting to the software team leader and working closely with other members of both the hardware and software design teams, he / she will be involved in all stages of software design, and is expected to be familiar the relevant aspects of a requirements-driven process. In particular, the successful candidate will have had experience of working within a controlled software lifecycle, involving -
- Software Requirements Derivation and Definition
- Structured Software Design
- Module and Interface Definition
- Application of Coding Standards including Documentation
- Peer Review
- Configuration Control
- Target Hardware Testing
- Formal Design Proving and Acceptance
In relation to the use of a requirements-driven process, experience of working with DOORs, or similar requirements management tools, would be an advantage, as would experience in developing low-level requirements from system specifications.
Specific experience in some, if not all, of the following areas would also be considered advantageous in identifying the successful candidate -
- Use of ARM 7 or later processors
- Use of UML
- Safety-critical systems
- Working within the constraints of the DO-178B development and certification process for airborne software applications
- Use of low-level communication buses such as I2C, SPI, and CAN
- Use of time-critical Ethernet or ARINC664 communications
- Familiarity with handling electronic assemblies
- Use of modern test and diagnostic equipment, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic and communications analysers, etc.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.