This job is no longer available
* Prepare and Maintain extensive multi-level MS Project Plans in a project Server environment.
* Obtain buy-in to the schedule from project teams and co-ordinate schedule interfaces between the different workstreams.
* Liaise with Sub-contractors to integrate their plans.
* Liaise with the Customer for upward reporting of plans.
* Maintain list of contract deliverables and dependencies on deliverables using MS Project Server and SharePoint features.
* Maintain the detailed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
* Preparation of Cost to Date / Cost to Complete reports monthly.
* Assist in the overall delivery of projects by the teams.
* Maintain the Project Issues Register.
* Assist the PM with regular Project Reporting and Project Review Meetings.
* Review status of activities and progress/expedite as required.
* Assist the PM with customer interface actions.
* Coordinate the activities of different sites and departments as required.
* Assist continuous improvement to Best Practice processes, procedures, tools and techniques for planning and scheduling and mechanisms for their practical application.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Extensive recent experience creating and maintaining complex work schedules of over 1000 activities.
* Experience of dependencies between Master and Subproject Schedules
* Sound appreciation of the methods and tools for planning and scheduling of engineering projects.
* Full understanding of project costing systems and project risk management
* Conversant with the software, systems engineering and / or electronic system development life-cycles and the programme management of such projects
* Knowledge and application of earned value techniques.
* Gantt Chart and Program Network planning skills for clear and accurate critical path analysis.
* An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project Server, including use of Custom Fields,
* Ability to liaise with the customer, MOD Stakeholders and sub contractors.
* Capability to produce detailed Level 4 project schedules linking to a Master Schedule.
* Ability to produce Progress Reports utilising clear and concise English language
* Strong IT skills, including use of Databases and Microsoft SharePoint
* Possess the ability to undertake and achieve the following;
*Produce impact statements of different project actions and scenarios using 'what-if analysis
*Innovate risk mitigation strategies
* Able to undertake the following;
*Advise project management on scheduling issues;
*Develop C&l System priorities for and resolve any conflicts between the client and subcontractors, be they programme, resource and or material driven;
*Monitor the development and progress throughout the programme lifecycle and advise management on possible/ potential delay to programme;
*Advise Management on programme threats and risks as they arise;
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.