This job is no longer available
The Software Team Leader is responsible for leading all Software activity across a multi-functional program. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Lead the execution of design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling, and contract commitments
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide on-going requirements scope management and produce estimates for out of scope tasks
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Provide technical leadership to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
- Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge or experience.
- Demonstrated experience of leading requirements capture, design and development efforts and co-ordinating team members within a software engineering environment.
- Strong understanding of all areas of the Software Development Lifecycle and appropriate methodologies.
- Experience generating and maintaining project plans and risks, and budget tracking and reporting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the authorship of technical documentation.
- Ability to guide and influence others with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Experience working to formal procedures.
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming principles.
- Experience of the software design lifecycle developing to D52 and RTCA DO-178B / EUROCAE ED-12B
- Understanding of Network protocols
- Understanding of HMI key principles
- PC Application design and development experience
- Outsource management experience
- Understanding of export laws
- Experience working with remote teams
- Strong process orientation in approach to work
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.