This job is no longer available
The Senior FPGA Design Engineer is responsible for the design running from preliminary specification to verified design on the target hardware. The Senior FPGA Design Engineer provides expert knowledge of electronic design, test and certification based around advanced FPGAs.
* To design, implement and debug VHDL based FPGA hardware.
* Design and development of test benches and vectors to verify VHDL based FPGA.
* Produce technical documentation including requirement specifications, test specification and functional description.
* Design Reviews of FPGA design and VHDL implementation.
* Higher level product definition and design review activity, providing expert input from an FPGA perspective.
* Promote the business within appropriate forums.
* Ideally degree qualified or with equivalent relevant experience.
* Extensive experience working on FPGA designs.
* Proven track record of producing designs on time and within budget.
* Experience working on Radar or related Digital Signal Processing applications.
* Ability to work effectively within a team.
* Excellent Problem solving and Analytical skills
* Organisation and time management skills
* Self motivational skills
* High-speed digital system design.
* Design for high signal integrity.
* Exemplary hardware verification and debugging skill.
* Intimate knowledge of Xilinx and Mentor Graphics design tools.
* Expert VHDL for FPGA synthesis.
* Expert VHDL test bench generation.
* Integration of third party IP and design reuse.
* Knowledge of Xilinx Devices, Ideally Virtex 5.
* Use of source code control software.
* Expert scripting for design automation.
* C/C++ programming skills may be of benefit.
* Experience of DSP, Ethernet, PowerPC and Memory interfaces of benefit.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.