This job is no longer available
Our client is looking for an engineer with a strong PSU background (SMPS) that can aid in the development, test and verification of SMPS units.
The role is mostly lab based and will involve qualification and re-engineering of sub-contract manufactured PSU's. Hence the ideal engineer will have a mix of SMPS design, test and verification experience.
Skills / Knowledge required:
* A formal electronics engineering qualification (HNC, HND, Degree or similar)
* Suitable ability with test development and practical lab based verification work
* An understanding of SMPS topology and ideally design
* Electronics test and verification skills
* Good report writing and communications skills
* Knowledge of EMC, thermal and environmental testing of PSU's would be ideal
* Hardware skills enabling the safe build/modification of PSU's and creation test fixtures
* Write Electrical PSU Test Plans
* Test PSU's
* Write PSU Test Reports
* Design/Build/Document PSU Test Jigs
* Perform rudimentary PSU FA from time to time
* Safety Test (Hi-POT/Earth Bond) and label, any PSU that has been opened/modified by Development
* With Guidance: Design/Build/Document instrumented Test PSU's
* Write Test Method, as required
* Any other Power Supply duties as required
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.