This job is no longer available
Product Manager, Oxfordshire
Our client is a growing technology based company specialising in the development of variable power lenses. Their technology has already been used to bring cheap, effective vision correction to thousands people in the developing world. They also develop solutions for commercial applications in the optical industry.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about creating and driving product development strategies and programs within the retail consumer market, the optical industry, and worldwide relief organizations.
This position will include coordinating the launch of new products, which encompasses the design and development of new product, packaging, cases, and product support materials. Additional responsibilities will include maintaining the product development timeline, product release plan, and Go To Market plan and other relevant schedules and timelines to ensure that multi-country launches are on time and coordinated.
We are searching for a candidate with the following profile:
· Good academic background or equivalent
· 3 to 5 years of product development, marketing, and management experience a consumer product industry
· Experience in eye wear or the optical industry will be a definite plus
· Experience with complex product manufacturing and distribution will be a plus
· Able to review engineering specs, CAD drawings, prototypes and production samples to certify product quality
· Able to understand technical and product design drawing and concepts
· Able to undertake significant travel
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
· Familiarity with MS Project will be a plus
· Entrepreneurial, hands-on, quality-oriented work style with attention to detail, exceptional customer services delivery and passion for results
· Demonstrated ability to lead product management initiatives and has the ability to work as a key team member of product management group
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal/external relationships
· Professional business acumen and diplomacy skills, as well as exceptional executive-level verbal and written communications and high quality presentation skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage and meet tight deadlines enthusiastically
· Flexible to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a start-up, early business development stage environment