This job is no longer available
Location: Stevenage (With Travel)
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 plus Bonus + Pension + extensive benefits
My client is looking to recruit a Head of Safety, Health and Environmental (UK) to be responsible for leading the UK S.H.E activities, providing a safe working environment that is compliant with relevant regulatory requirements and reflects best practice.
The Head of Safety, Health and Environmental (UK)Role Description
Head of Safety, Health and Environmental (UK) - Responsibilities
- People Management
- Recruit, train and develop staff to support evolving business requirements for SHE support and maintain succession planning and associated knowledge transfer
- Policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain a suite of SHE policies and procedures that engender and support safe business operations within the company.
- Develop and maintain an audit programme that measures breadth and depth of SHE message penetration
- Maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification for the client.
- Accountable for the monitoring of new SHE legislation to determine applicability to the client and make recommendations to senior management
- Develop and maintain a SHE Risk Register and contribute to the formulation of the clients` Risk Register identifying significant SHE-related risks
- Develop and maintain a series of Building Handbooks
- Contribute to the formulation of Group-led initiatives that encourage the adoption of common SHE policies, procedures and best practice within the company
- SHE Communication & Engagement Develop, communicate and implement a topical awareness programme to embed SHE awareness
- Develop and maintain SHE training requirements matrix and actively contribute to development of SHE training modules for the managers and teams
- Steering Committees
- Consultancy: Provide a SHE consultancy service to support project related development and delivery activities.
- Provide SHE inputs to support pandemic and crisis management planning
- Budgets: Prepare, recommend and operate within agreed budgets
- External Relationships: Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with national and local authorities to ensure that company interests are properly represented in HSE matters.
- Participate in appropriate inter-governmental and industry working/steering groups to represent the company business needs.
- Risk Assessment: Establish, monitor and report to Senior Management on the performance of the rolling programme of risk assessment on all sites.
- Manage and refine the Risk Assessment Management System (RAMS)
- Identify and implement the measures required to achieve and maintain Safety Maturity Matrix Level 4 within the company
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced manager of service delivery teams.
- Experienced and qualified SHE practitioner
- Broad understanding of business processes and manufacturing and laboratory technologies
- Thorough knowledge of SHE legislation and its applications and implications.
- Commitment to delivering a strong SHE culture within organisations.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Membership of relevant professional body
My client is a highly regarded defence systems designer and manufacturer working across air, sea and land systems.
The F10 Group offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment