This job is no longer available
- To develop best in class electronics products to meet current and future customer needs.
- Taking into account best in class market products and forward technology to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the analogue and digital electrical circuit design of electronic products.
- Design and develop circuits from breadboard to printed circuit layout using schematic capture and circuit simulation tools.
- Work closely with the manufacturing, following the product through the prototype builds and production launch.
- Ensure all aspects of the design support the customer EMC requirements.
- Maintain an electronic bill of materials.
- Conduct lab testing using a wide range of test equipment including: CAN network tools (e.g. CANalyser, CANOE), logic analysers, oscilloscopes, data loggers.
- Prepare relevant engineering specifications for prototype ordering and final release.
Job Critical Context:
- Liase with selected suppliers, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Provide written reports, where necessary, and maintain detailed records of all activities to facilitate program tracking and co-ordination.
- High volume/high customer end value products.
- Customer driven and customer focussed environment.
- Commercially driven to achieve business objectives
Skills and Experience
- Analogue & digital electrical circuit design experience
- Design and development experience of circuit design from breadboard to circuit layout.
- Experience of schematic capture & circuit simulation.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of design, including support for environmental and EMC requirements.
- Experience of laboratory testing including logic analysers, and oscilloscopes, etc.
- A structured design approach i.e. Worst Case Analysis, simulation tools
- Schematic capture skills
- Experience of laboratory testing with CAN network tools
- Ability to prepare relevant engineering specifications for prototype planning reviews and release.
- Automotive electronic products.
- FMEA, 8D etc.
- Low cost, high volume manufacturing knowledge with an understanding of processes and constraints.
- Report writing related to program tracking and co-ordination.
- Working knowledge of the CAN bus and other protocols.
- Awareness of market and technology advancements / commercially aware.
- Effective communication skills, Oral, Written & Presentation
- Results driven within a time constrained environment
- French / German / Italian language skills
- Ability to be assertive within a team orientated environment
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.