This job is no longer available
Purpose of the Job:
Ceres Power is using a state of the art auto-coding tool chain to develop control software for its revolutionary combined heat & power (CHP) fuel cell technology. Ceres Power needs control engineers to agree requirements with internal stakeholders, perform analysis of the problem domain and then design, implement and test the embedded control strategies, proving the changes out on the physical CHP unit itself.
- Design of reusable control strategy components to be used across all of Ceres Power's products
- Ownership of particular software components or (CHP system-level) functional requirements from design and coding through to testing and roll-out onto the CHP product.
- Maintenance of released software (bug fixes and feature requests)
Key Results Areas:
- Use the Matlab/Simulink tool chain (including code generation) to develop embedded control algorithms and software.
Control Systems / Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop physically-based models to be used in test harnesses
- Assist in development of CHP product diagnostic algorithms
- Development of mathematical analysis and reporting tools for test data
Internal & External Relationships:
- Control & Software Manager - agree work to be undertaken, report progress and issues
- Control Engineers - work collaboratively with rest of team to deliver functionality
- Systems, Electronics and Mechanical Engineers - work collaboratively to define requirements and diagnose issues
- Test Team - work collaboratively to ensure product issues are identified and addressed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:-
- At least Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. Control, Software, Electronics, etc)
- A sound understanding of basic classical control design techniques
- Experience of programming in a high level language (e.g. Matlab/Simulink, C, C++)
- A practical understanding of physical systems (e.g. thermal, fluids, electrical) and how such systems are controlled via software
- Nimble - able to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and situations
- Resilient - able to efficiently and pragmatically resolve the issues that high levels of invention create
- Committed - always operate with a "can-do" attitude, being prepared to go the extra mile without being asked when the situation dictates
- Understanding of basic electronics, sensors and actuators
Simulink control system design, especially autocoding
The ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary, together with a benefits package including excellent contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, life insurance, childcare voucher and share save scheme.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.