This job is no longer available
Purpose of the Job:
- To prepare and operate a number of rigs to test domestic combined heat and power units, sub-systems (e.g. fuel cell module) and related components.
- To undertake data analysis to ensure test results are Quality Assured and delivered on time to meet Programme objectives.
- Setting up and running tests
- Clarifying Test detail and Test planning with Engineering Team
- Checking data to ensure Test results are accurate
- Following instructions for routine tests
- Developing new Test routines with Engineering team as required
- Using knowledge of systems / components to improve Test implementation and provide "added value" when delivering
- Completing Test records and ensuring these are up to date
- Data management and reporting of interpreted results
- Mechanical fitting of instrumentation, some rig maintenance required
- Conduct Risk Assessments, implement resolution of relevant H&S issues
- Some manual handling (gas bottles)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of testing in industrial or R&D environment
- Experience of using a range of sensors, instrumentation, wiring and control systems
- Knowledge and experience of lab or industrial safety procedures (Risk Assessment, HAZOP)
- Experience of operating automated Test software packages (such as STARS)
- Competent user of MS office packages and data manipulation/visualisation software (e.g. Matlab)
Key Results Areas:
- Quality Assured data delivered to the Engineering team
- Tests completed within agreed timescales
- Tests conducted in accordance with Health & Safety requirements
- Clear communication maintained within Test and with Engineering Team
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement of Test area
- Enthusiasm and drive with proven ability to deliver on time
- Problem solving skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good first degree to BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Electrical/Electronic engineering or similar.
This role will be required to work flexible hours which will include weekends.
The ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary, together with a benefits package including excellent contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, life insurance, childcare voucher and share save scheme.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.